Join the Worldwide Wave of Inspiration, Collaboration & Action!
By Rick Ulfik, Founder of We, The World and the WE Campaign at WE.net
At this perilous moment in our world, I am on a mission. And if you are reading this, we may be fellow travelers! My mission is the same as that of my organization We, The World: to maximize social change globally — until we have a world that works for all.
To support this mission, I invite you and your friends to take part in 11 Days of Global Unity — a powerful and inspiring platform for collective awareness and action that promotes "WE Thinking" and prioritizes the Common Good, the wellbeing of all people, and the entire interdependent web of life.
What is 11 Days of Global Unity?
11 Days of Global Unity, taking place September 11-21, is a worldwide convergence of events, festivals, campaigns, and broadcasts linking local awareness and action activities into an inspiring international movement for peace, justice, sustainability and transformation. “11 Days” supports and is a part of the International Day of Peace, which is celebrated annually on September 21 by over 3,500 organizations in almost every country on earth! To learn more about 11 Days of Global Unity, please visit WE.net.
Highlights of 11 Days of Global Unity 2017
The 11 Days of Global Unity Tele-Summit (September 11-21)
Moving From Vision To Action
I invite you to join me on this extraordinary Summit, which features some of the most visionary thinkers and activists of our time in powerful dialogues on each of the 11 Themes For Change. When you register for free, you’ll be able to attend all the sessions.
11 Days Tele-Summit Sneak Previews:
- Deepak Chopra, Karenna Gore and Kabir Sehgal: I am particularly excited and inspired about the dialogue on Peace between Deepak Chopra, Karenna Gore (Al Gore’s daughter), and Kabir Sehgal. Deepak and Kabir are collaborating on a timely and important Book and CD called Home, Where Everyone is Welcome: Poems & Songs Inspired by American Immigrants. And Karenna’s organization, Center for Earth Ethics, is working to protect people and the planet.
- Marianne Williamson: We discuss why Unity is so important now for America and the world. And we explore Marianne's inspiring spiritual journey and activism.
- Ralph Nader: His incredible legacy (including the Clean Water Act, the Freedom of Information Act, the Consumer Product Safety Act, seat belts, food ingredient labelling, and more) is a powerful reminder of what one committed person can do. We discuss current threats to Freedom and Democracy as well as solutions.
- Nwamaka Agbo speaks about “Restorative Economics” — communities collectively supporting local solutions.
- Robert Thurman discusses Tibet, past and present, and the historic role of the Dalai Lama.
- Jonathan Granoff: The President of Global Security Institute and a 2014 Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Jonathan discusses Disarmament with a focus on nuclear weapons and Human Security. We are the first generation that has the ability to decide whether or not this will be the last generation!
- Sande Hart and Despina Namwembe discuss the inspiring mission and activities of the Charter For Compassion's Women and Girls Sector.
- Dr. Rangan Chatterjee and James Maskell discuss the 4 Pillars of Health and Wellness, reveal the root causes of chronic illness, and show how the most important aspect of the doctor-patient visit is communication.
Register for this Free Tele-Summit and access the full Speaker Schedule.
An Urgent Message From Your Children — WeYourChildren.org
I am also excited to share An Urgent Message From Your Children — an inspiring and powerful children’s program that’s launching during 11 Days of Global Unity.
Are you alarmed about the kind of world our children will grow up in? They are too! If you or your friends have any environmentally concerned children who are 12 years old or younger in your life, here is an opportunity for them to express their fears, concerns and hopes for the future in their own simple video.
At WeYourChildren.org, you'll see dozens of inspiring kids speaking in their own words, and discover how the children in your life can create and upload their own videos to add their voice for a livable future. Imagine thousands of children sharing their videos with members of Congress, the President, CEOs, Energy Company Execs, Major Media Outlets, and UN Heads of State. Let's spark a global children's movement that gets the attention of the adults in power and helps to create major change!
Daily mantras, meditations, updates, and recaps exclusively for #11DaysOfGlobalUnity
Visit http://www.facebook.com/TheWeCampaign and follow us on twitter for fun twitter parties daily at http://www.twitter.com/TheWeCampaign, led by Mindful Media Mom Karen Palmer as we help make the dream of #GlobalUnityNow a reality for our world!
The WE Unify Concert in Austin, Texas, September 21 is a transformational concert based in love, care and respect. Co-sponsored by International Children’s Month, it supports 11 Days of Global Unity and the International Day Of Peace, and features musical performer and producer Heidi Little. Go to WE.net to livestream the concert and find out about ongoing new workshops, how to host your own gatherings in your city, and more. Here we grow!
Compassion Games International Presents The Global Unity Games
Building Bridges is a 16-day challenge — which includes 11 Days of Global Unity — to unify communities around the world in an expression of globally synchronized intentions with locally organized compassionate action. Starting on September 9 and culminating on World Peace Weekend (September 23-24), players and teams challenge and inspire each other to organize actions that build bridges between peace, prosperity, and the planet.
On Sunday, September 17, in New York City’s Central Park, the annual Vigil for Peace and Ecology, produced by Susana Bastarrica, is a wonderful festival. And Paul Sladkus/Good News Planet has his annual Peace Day Party on September 21, which includes creating a giant Human Peace Sign in Times Square!
Thank you for being part of 11 Days of Global Unity and for all you are doing to help create a world that works for all!
The Catalyst is produced by The Shift Network to feature inspiring stories and provide information to help shift consciousness and take practical action. To receive The Catalyst twice a month, sign up here.
This article appears in:
2017 Catalyst, Issue 18: 11 Days of Global Unity & California Vision 2020