and Founder of Intentional Creativity ®
Thursdays, February 14 to April 4, 2019
Experience proven, hands-on practices to tame your Inner Critic, open to the joy of authentic self-expression, and invite your Muse to dance with you!
How would it feel to access the deepest place of clear wisdom within you?
Are you compelled by the idea that you can curate your own consciousness?
Ready to take an adventure into the unknown that will rock your world?
If so, we have an invitation for you!
Join us… for a “dance with the Critic and the Muse,” led by visionary artist and poet Shiloh Sophia.
This is an experience you’ve never had before… revealing the keys held by your hidden self.
Sound like a big promise? It is.
The Dance of the Critic & the Muse: A 7-Step Initiation Into the Voice & Vision of Your Soul is a map — and you are the cosmic pilgrim, the only one who can unlock the deepest insights that impact every area of your life.
You may wonder what the Critic and the Muse have to do with this? But we can’t tell you all the riddles now, because you have to say yes first…. Will you come?
Liberating Your Unique Voice & Vision
Do you sense something — within you — blocking your ability to clearly SEE, HEAR, and embody your true Self… something that’s been there for a long time?
Or, perhaps, you’re feeling stuck, or seeking a new approach to an old challenge, health issue, or lifelong desire...
The truth is, we're ALL creative, and we can all revel in the liberation and fulfillment of a self-expressed life. This has nothing to do with talent, but with the reality that you have a unique voice and vision!
Many of us have unknowingly blocked our way to the space within. A place that can be playful and yet deeply wise — where we actually live and where body, soul, and mind unite.
How would it feel to heal the fragmentation of all the voices, all the selves, and all the stories?
If you’re ready for a new story, you’re in the right place.
Many of us have experienced our own brain and mind as a battleground, where our Inner Critic is in constant conflict with our creative desires.
Yet, have you met your Muse?
The Muse holds the juiciness of our senses and body — what we feel, love, desire, and need to embody and express our wisest and wildest self. The Muse creates the new neural pathways in the brain in connection with the body.
For many, this creative place of the imagination is cluttered with misbeliefs, negative behavior patterns, unreasonable standards, and unhelpful stories (exactly what the Inner Critic often feeds upon), causing our inner dialogue to run amok with confusion and criticism, killing our self-confidence.
Even if you’ve done lots of inner work to discover “who you are,” your core identity can remain illusive in this familiar chatter.
Your limiting default settings can become invisible, and you can become oblivious to your own misperceptions about yourself and the world around you. You might not even know that your soul’s truest voice has been squelched…
Perhaps you haven’t heard it clearly… ever.
It’s time for change...
Ignite Your Self-Expression — the Pathway to Your Hidden Self
Despite the barriers you and your Inner Critic may have created, the way to your hidden self, which holds the keys to your true self, is not lost...
To be guided by the self-aware and self-expressed you, there are changes that need to happen in the mind, the body, and the field. When these three aspects of self are not in alignment, there’s a lack of coherency.
We may try a number of approaches to heal the fragmentation between our inner and outer worlds and selves, but unless all aspects of us are in for the journey, the changes won’t be long-lasting.
There’s also a “Gatekeeper” that masquerades as your Inner Critic…
... an inner guardian that can be difficult to get past, blocking new ideas, growth, and pathways. It cannot be coerced or taken by force. It cannot be silenced or cut off. You have likely tried that already.
You have to be more clever than the Inner Critic, which is difficult to do. You have to feel much more than desire, because the Gatekeeper is there to protect you from making choices that make you too vulnerable.
What we haven’t learned enough about until now, is how to actually alchemize how the Critic operates, returning it to its natural design and function.
The key to taming your Inner Critic, and engaging your Gatekeeper, is to invite your Muse to dance. The Muse can then show you the shortest route to where you’re going…
… into the place where you’ll find the voice and vision of your soul.
Discovering how to dance with the Muse is what this course is all about.
Muse is the vocabulary that Shiloh Sophia uses to be able to speak to your creative flow. We are all quite familiar with speaking about the vocabulary of the Critic, but not as familiar with speaking about the part of us within that is playful, daring, wild, and wants to have a good time! The Muse also holds the insights into your personal domain of genius.
In this transformative 7-part adventure with Shiloh, you’re going to discover clever, risky, and enjoyable ways to get past the Gatekeeper, tame your Inner Critic, and access the vision and voice of your soul.
What at first may seem like an unresolvable paradox — getting your Inner Critic to let down its guard and allow the often illusive Muse to come out and play — dissolves into a dynamic relationship that takes place in the brain, in collaboration with the heart, hands, and senses within the body.
You will learn a practice called Metacognitive Drawing that enables you to quickly bypass the way the Critic operates.
The Critic isn’t as much tamed as it is alchemized into the most natural state of operating that part of your brain. When this transition happens, you set your creativity free… and it has nothing to do with talent.
You’re going to learn ways to make peace with your Inner Critic, which will not only allow you to lure the Muse out of hiding and allow your authentic self-expression to flow… it will also open up your life to more possibilities, magical synchronicities, and greater joy, as your outer world starts to align with the desires, loves, and dreams you hold inside you.
During this exciting, 7-part exploration of authentic self-expression, you’ll take a deep dive into uncharted territory and:
- Listen to the voice of your Inner Critic and discover how it may be causing you to miss important messages from your soul
- Discover how your brain holds outdated ways of being in place, and how you can start to rewire your neural pathways to expand your creativity — and your life
- Learn how to invite right-brain access in first, when considering your ideas, and how this give you access to your genius
- Use the powerful tool of Intentional Creativity® as a healing and resiliency practice
- Learn the freeing process of Metacognitive Drawing and how it helps you access and listen to your thoughts, voice, and vision
- Begin a practice of intention and inquiry and be delighted at how asking unanswerable questions invites the brain into the future
- Begin to access your hidden inner world more successfully than you have using other approaches to healing and self-expression
- Increase your capacity to think clearly and make distinctions between the voice of your Inner Critic and the voice of your soul
- Discover creative practices that activate insight — almost on demand — that you can easily continue to use every day to make important life choices
- Take a look at how our ancestors used creativity, and how the overculture is influencing us without us even knowing it
- Learn surprising and enjoyable practices for accessing the place within you where the voice and vision of your soul live
- Bring your mindfulness into another dimension through combining your meditation with physical actions
- And much more...
The transformation that is possible through Intentional Creativity is beyond what I could have imagined for the work. When I was starting out in my early twenties, I witnessed the very efficient alchemizing results in my students. So I set about discovering how to speak to that change, giving language to the invisible happening.
Combining quantum physics, neuroscience, psychology, the senses of the physical body, making form and the field as my matrix of discovery. When I finally found out how to share it easily, through being able to name the phenomena, I knew I had to share it with the world. What took me most of my life to learn, I can now teach in a few hours of depth diving. That’s what I call “tea with the Muse.” I learned it from my teachers Sue Hoya Sellars and my mom, Caron McCloud, and now I share it with others around the world.
When I began to truly see that all of our ancestors in every place in the world created in this way, it rocked my world. This isn’t so much a new technology but rather a re-membering into our earliest origins of communication in image and language.
— Shiloh Sophia
Experience the Healing Power of Intention
In research done through The Intentional Creativity Foundation, it was discovered that over 80 percent of those working with creativity to heal were able to move from victimhood to self-empowerment, and experienced significant healing from emotional, sexual, and physical trauma. They also cited that Intentional Creativity was a more effective and efficient approach than most other therapies they had tried.
In research with more than 500 Intentional Creativity students, 93 percent said they experienced creativity as a mindfulness practice; 90 percent have experienced a shift in recurring emotional pain through creative process; and 90 percent said that creativity helped them maintain a healthy outlook.
Shiloh Sophia, founder of The Intentional Creativity Foundation says, “When we find freedom from the trauma of our stories, we can invent our own legends, and do the sacred work of organizing our consciousness.”
She has dedicated her soul work to the study and practice of creativity as a pathway to consciousness and healing.
Her prolific intuitive painting process is the foundation of her groundbreaking work on how Intentional Creativity® can give voice to the soul.
Her proven methods for “creating with mindfulness” have helped tens of thousands to gain the insights needed to unlock the hidden self. Her creative processes have been taught by University MA and PhD programs, at the United Nations’ Commission on the Status of Women, and by hundreds of certified teachers and coaches.
In this exciting new course, unlike any online program The Shift Network has offered before, Shiloh will skillfully, yet playfully, show you the way to discovering, embodying, and enjoying your authentic self-expression…
She believes that each one of us has our own information, our own content to bring forth. By gaining access to your often hidden interior spaces, you’ll begin to know what you already know in an expanded and exciting new way.
This sort of informed intuition, you’ll discover, thrives on what lies beyond the obvious and known...
Don’t worry about your artistic skills!
This isn’t traditional drawing, and it isn’t drawing or writing what we see outside — it’s drawing from within, and working with intuition. You’ll also be invited to be brave, and share what you’re working on in the Muse Salon and private community group.
Why drawing and writing?
When you engage your hands to write or draw, you access the right and left brain, which expands your capacity to think in divergent and original ways.
You’ll discover a type of drawing that isn’t about knowing how to draw, but about what happens in the brain, your eyes, and your body WHILE you’re in the act of creating.
The Dance of the Critic & the Muse is an invitation to cease the inner battle of your Critic and Muse, set down your armour, and embody more amore as you enter the liberating flow state...
Yes, if you show up you will experience flow. And for the first time in a long time, the Critic will lay down the weapons of abuse and take up the tools of building something new.
That’s when the love, spontaneity, and creativity that’s available within you — AND your authentic self-expression — can truly ignite!
Greater Connection Through Video Teachings
& Interactive Muse Salons
Shiloh’s engaging (and enchanting!) teachings will be brought to life through video — and our first-ever Muse Salons! The Muse Salons will be interactive “circles” with Shiloh and your global community where you’ll share Q&A time, receive guided practices, and deepen your experiences together. You can start and stop and take your time to move through these processes.
Connecting via video is easy (plus we’re here to help you if you need support). You can also connect via audio, either through the internet or on your phone.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this 7-step transformational journey, Shiloh will guide you through the fundamental spiritual skills and competencies you’ll need to tame your Inner Critic, rewire your neural pathways, and open you to authentic self-expression.
This course will feature Video Teachings and Muse Salons with Shiloh, plus guided experiential practices. Each session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to heal old wounds and bring more pleasure and clarity into your life.
Module 1: Gate of AWAKENING
Encounter the Gatekeeper
A new voice awaits you... Will you dare to listen with the ears you only sometimes use?
Have you been curating your consciousness or is it forming without your consent? Your mind has been shaped by what you hear, take in, and give meaning to, but how can YOU help “shape” your own mind?
Unlocking Gate 1 is an initiation into waking up and becoming conscious about how your inner voice works and how to take charge of the stories you tell about yourself.
At Gate 1, you’ll:
- Prepare for a New Inner Guide: Become conscious of how much impact your Inner Critic has had on you, and get ready for a much needed “change in management”
- Shift Your Neural Pathways: Learn the science behind “making form,” as you explore and play with what is actually happening in your brain when you create... You’ll learn to shape your brain by choice!
- Explore Image & Language: Discover the powerful, mindful practice of Intentional Creativity® and how your local and non-local mind collaborate to help you form insights
- Learn Metacognitive Drawing: Become conscious of thinking and feeling, while you’re moving the pen, to awaken your brain for the journey and ignite co-creation
- Awaken to Your Inner Voice: Encounter the Critic and the Muse within you and engage in an internal narrative to hear what you’re truly saying
- Transform Your Story: Explore the story that is “running you” and enter into a relationship and dialogue with your Gatekeeper
- Heal Your Imagination: Explore what’s needed by the Muse to help you experience your true Self and flow state expression
- Cross the Veil of Form: Make the invisible visible through drawing as an embodied experience to expand your connection to your inner world
- Inquire Into Dreaming: Explore the part of your dream that wants to come forward, and embody its feeling tone, which your Inner Critic may have been hiding
- Meet Your Inner Narrator: Discover how you listen to your soul’s voice, and why what you’ve been doing isn’t silencing your Critic's “attacks,” so you can start to shape your own inner narrative
Module 2: Gate of ACTIVATION
Integrate Your Inner & Outer Worlds
Who looks out from your eyes? Who is it that is doing the seeing? Will you dare to look yourself in the face and see who lives there?
We are all images, we even see our self as an image... And at the root of an image is imagination. So, how you think about yourself and your self-image are then quite integral to one another.
Yet, seemingly magically, how you perceive yourself, you’ll discover, shifts as you integrate your inner and outer worlds, dissolving the illusion of separation.
In this module, you’ll discover how Intentional Creativity works within your brain and neural pathways to make change — you’ll think it, inquire into it, draw it, see it, move it, know it, be it, and share it.
You’ll develop a somatic wisdom of the Muse and Critic as an integrated voice. They’ll continue to move separately, yet, you’ll strengthen the voice and vision of the Muse, while also becoming aware of the overtones of the Critic, and learn to make distinctions between the two.
You’ll experience an expanded sense of freedom and capacity to invite the Muse in, and bring an idea into form.
At Gate 2, you’ll:
- Hear Shiloh’s Story: How she almost gave up being an artist based on not being talented. The Critic almost won!
- Discover Your “Content”: Find out where your own “information” lives, and finally have full access to your own imagery
- Declare Your Creative Being Creed: Step into seeing yourself as creative, and begin to experience yourself as a creative being — having nothing to do with your skills or talents or hobbies, just simply because you are
- Receive a Call to Make Form: What have you been wanting to make happen that just won’t get off the ground? What have you been avoiding? What has the Critic been keeping from you that you can now more towards?
- Experience Activate Integration : Create a connection between the inner and outer self, crossing an invisible barrier that has kept you trapped, and forging a conscious connection between your inner and outer eyes — a distinction that’s been holding you captive.
- Grasp Da Vinci’s Imprensiva: Discover the science of how your eyes “perceive” information, and explore energy and matter, inner and outer, particle and wave, to assist you with integration.
- Expand Your Feelings of Freedom: Discover how play and curiosity strengthen the relationship with the Muse.
- Experience Intentional Creativity: Experience the power of creating with intention and how it influences the outcomes and potency of what you focus on.
Module 3: Gate of ALCHEMY
Transform the Critic Into Fierce Wisdom
In the studio of the Alchemist, we encounter the Phoenix... Will we dare to set fire to our own nest? Miracles can change Critics into Muses, if we pay close attention...
The inner voice of the Critic is alchemized into fierce wisdom through your choice to be at CAUSE for transformation.
In this module, you’ll experience increased freedom from and healing of your old stories. You’ll make room for transformation through the emotional burning up of lies you’ve told yourself and the emergence of self-expression.
You’ll meet the Critic and the Muse at the Gate of the physical and non-physical mind, and engage in a cosmic and ancient wrestling match.
Who will win?
Sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, so you’ll have access to lots of “power tools.” You’ll use them to make a change and keep that change in your evolution — moving away from stuck energy and stagnation and into powerful real-time action.
You’ll be creating a connection between two places that were cut off, but are now becoming integrated — this is how healing happens.
At Gate 3, you’ll:
- Lick the Fire: Poetry invites you to encounter your Phoenix story. Are you willing to surrender your old stories to make room for what’s new and ready to emerge?
- Discover the Science of Creating: Explore and experience the impacts of creativity on the brain, heart, and body
- Play Deeply: Dive into a wrestling match with the Critic and the Muse to understand how much impact their conflicts have had on all of your stories
- Experience Transformational Rituals: Name the lies, and experience a cathartic ritual of transformation and letting go
- Direct Flaming Arrows & Flowing Spirals: Learn to move between energies and symbols, and not have them cancel each other out, to see how the Critic and the Muse have their roles to play — but that you’re the one in charge
- Create an Alchemical Affirmation: Discover transformational affirmation as a practice for deepening the work and warding off Critic attacks!
- Engage in Visual Knowledge: Watch your ideas collapse from a quantum superposition into form to illustrate a point — something that may have been invisible will become visible
- Go on a Date With Your Muse: Document what happens and share it with us!
Module 4: Gate of COLLABORATION
Embody Your New Story
If you are 93 percent stardust, what is the other 7 percent, and what does it have to do with your voice? AND, what can happen if the Critic and the Muse actually begin to dance?
In this module, you’ll experience an initiation into conscious collaboration and co-creation — with you becoming the true author of your own life story.
You’ll step into a “gorgeous weave” connected with your identity and your own greatness –– your own alchemical robe! A powerful ritual through which to gather your own energy.
Ritual is often an invisible part of transformation work –– we engage in it, but not always with conscious intent. Even what you wear and how you organize your desk or studio is part of the physical ritual that creates the space you work in.
At this Gate, through conscious ritual, you’ll gather yourself together, and dive into what healing fragmentation and inviting in wholeness looks and feels like. You’ll enter into a spaciousness that allows for greater coherency and new possibilities to arise — in how you create AND in how you live your life.
At Gate 4, you’ll:
- Experience Poetry Meditation: When everything you think you know changes, what becomes possible?
- Engage in a Collaboration Ritual: Experience and curate an integration between often fragmented parts of yourself — your inner and outer worlds, physical matter and energy, and the field — the visible and invisible
- Don Your Alchemical Robe: As you are drawing, something is also happening within you. This imaginary robe is used to help clear your field — you put it on when you need it
- Learn the Creative Phases: Discover the 4 Phases of Creativity, and how Intentional Creativity elaborates and focuses on your experience of creating, instead of on what you make and how good you think it is — or isn’t
- The Muse on Electrons: Create with the idea of electrons catching thoughts in mid air
- Immerse Yourself in Deep Listening: Hear the voice of the Muse, perhaps clearly for the first time
- Adventure With Your Muse: Take an adventure out in the world, a Muse date that will surprise and delight you
Module 5: Gate of EMERGENCE
Catalyze Your Archetype
Who are you, really? Who is inhabiting this vessel of Self?
What hidden default settings have been keeping you back?
Will you invite Mystery to tea?
Your Inner Critic is often hiding who you are from you, and you don’t even know it. And, since most of us aren’t living out who we truly are in our lives, we don’t have a lot of practice BEING who we are...
Yet, when you can hear your voice more clearly, there’s the opportunity for your truest archetype (or Self) to emerge...
In this module, you’ll step into the spaciousness of the heart and discover how that can inform your presence — allowing you to really feel it, know it, and embody it in a full and loving way you might not have experienced before.
You’ll explore the five major choices which can impact your identity and every relationship you’re in — choices that often remain hidden, yet create the framework for how you live your life — your default settings.
This is where the Critic hangs out, but you’re going to inspire new choices by engaging with consciousness and the great mystery as it relates to your own sacred identity.
Who you are only free to become, when you no longer confuse the voice of your Inner Critic for the authentic voice of your soul.
At Gate 5, you’ll:
- Invoke the Heart: The poetry of the Festival of the Open Heart invites you to step into your life and yourself, and no longer put yourself last
- Take Charge: Explore your hidden default settings and recalibrate them to powerful choices that reflect who you know yourself to be
- Find Your Flow: Experience the flow state of emergence. What does it feel like to initiate a state change in the moment? Your imagination begins to work in new and exciting ways!
- Explore Your Archetypal Identity: Move through the 5 choices that impact every area of your entire life and every single relationship
- Deepen Your Understanding of Visual Knowledge: Learn how to make knowledge visual, so you can see it and create it for yourself
- Transform Your Internal Narrative: Claim the reality that you are influencing your internal narrative through writing from and strengthening a new voice
Module 6: Gate of INSPIRATION
Claim Your Voice & Vision as Your Own
Will you allow the Muse to open the hidden window of your soul?
What long-caged craving is asking to be spoken into existence?
Will you dare to awaken the temple of sensation?
In this module, you’re invited to step fully into being the author of your voice and vision. When you can access your own source of inspiration, your capacity to hear and live from your soul-truth becomes possible.
Most of us didn’t know we have access, or that we’ve inadvertently blocked the way. And, unless we address our Inner Critic’s patterns, we won’t know how to get to where the Muse and our creativity live.
This is where we take the leap from concept into embodiment. We have to “move in” to our bodies to have a life infused with the Muse!
The Muse is the keeper of our inner Temple of Sensation... Often we are shut down in our bodies, not able to truly feel and invite pleasure. Yet, without pleasure and sensation, the Muse will simply not show up to the party.
What would it be like to be able to be turned on by choice, by amusing ourselves instead of waiting for inspiration to strike? That’s what this module will invite...
You’ll engage deeply in what’s possible when the Muse and Critic are dancing together as one voice, instead of two seperate ones. From here, everything is possible!
At Gate 6, you’ll:
- Engage With Awe: Discover how to re-orient yourself to the universe
- Invite Ecstasy: What have we been numb to and in a fog about that can be moved into pure bliss?
- Receive the Temple of Sensation: Dive into the 5 senses you know about and discover senses you didn’t know you had (including a few below the belt)
- Seek the Muse: Engage in inquiry with the Muse from the space of truly feeling
- Convert Access to Self-Expression: Experience the FEELING of self-expression and take note of what has changed in the voice when pleasure enters the story.
Module 7: Gate of BELONGING
An Initiation of Reclamation
What is the muse requesting of you?
What doors and windows have flown open and invited you in?
Will you dare to claim the transformation at hand?
This is the movement the soul has been seeking for so long. Self-expression is one of the keys to healing the past, living in the present fully embodied, and authoring a fascinating future.
It’s about fearless belonging... To yourself. To your life work. To the universe. To one another.
We belong here... When we are self-expressed, we come to life through living and into belonging.
In this module, you’re invited to a ritual of choosing to belong... to belong to yourself and your life. You’re invited to claim your voice and vision as your own.
AND to choose connection to the spaciousness of soul, living in a body where there’s communication flowing between all the spaces: mind, body, and field — all in collaboration and communication.
At Gate 7, you’ll:
- Acknowledge: Claim the transformation that you’ve received during our experience. What has changed for you? Has the voice and vision of your soul expanded and opened in new ways — and where is that calling you in your life? Has the practice of Intentional Creativity opened new domains of consciousness?
- Step Into Belonging: Create your own bed of roses, an experience of self-blessing with drawing and naming a sacred space for yourself. Honoring YOU and your place in the world. CHOOSE to move into your own body and life in a way you never have before.
- Define the Path Ahead: Chart your next steps in exploring self-expression — what calls you now? Will there be a new practice of self-expression happening in your life? Will you dedicate time and resources to diving deeper into the work? Perhaps you’ll even choose to paint your Muse! Let’s make a plan of action to make these transformations real in your life!
- Complete in Beauty: Let’s celebrate how far we have come! Receive the Tree of Life Blessing as your completion prayer from your course guide, Shiloh Sophia
The Critic & Muse Bonus Collection
In addition to Shiloh’s transformative 7-step adventure, you’ll receive this exclusive collection featuring some of today’s leading visionaries and teachers. These bonus sessions will promise to enliven journey — and enrich and deepen your experience.
Messages From the Muse
Video Painting Class From Shiloh Sophia
Who lives in here? Have you heard the voice of your Muse speaking to you from the quiet spaces of your mind? Calling to you to listen... In this step-by-step class, using watercolor paper with acrylic or watercolor paint and pen, Shiloh Sophia invites you to have tea with your Muse. You will work with two pages, learning how to create a simple painted face, and then receive a letter from your Muse.
Video Class From Shiloh Sophia
Colorful Scars is a class designed to free your hidden stories in an Intentional Creativity process. You’re invited to:
- Create a map of your hidden scars so you can claim and name them
- Weave a pattern of integration, transformation, and resiliency
- Get conscious about your impact and how you will use your voice
- Release trauma through ritual, stretching, and breathing
- Lay down your shame and over-responsibility for your wounds
- Choose color to bring life to your scars and their teachings
- Claim your resiliency and identify the next steps to move forward
No experience needed — just bring colored markers and paper, or watercolor paper. You can also paint if you’d like.
Creativity & Healing
Video Dialogue With Shiloh Sophia and Chief Luisah Teish
Luisah Teish took a class with Shiloh Sophia over 10 years ago and something happened that changed everything for both women. In this hour-long video conversation, these two artists come together to explore the seat of inspiration.
Yoruba Chief Luisah Teish, a priestess of the West African river goddess Oshun, is an acclaimed spiritual leader as well as author of the witty, provocative, and highly acclaimed Jambalaya: The Natural Women’s Book of Personal Charms and Practical Rituals, as well as Carnival of the Spirit and Jump Up! She’s a woman of wide-ranging talents — writer, storyteller, educator, performer, ritualist, and playwright, to name only a few. Chief Teish serves as faculty at the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology, New College of California, and California Institute of Integral Studies. She’s a regular guest lecturer at John F. Kennedy University, Naropa Institute, and Institute of Noetic Sciences, as well as many other venues, and teaches an ongoing “Soulwork for Sisters” series in Berkeley and Oakland.
What People Are Saying About Shiloh Sophia...
“I felt empowered, challenged, and supported”
Shiloh helped me clarify what has been in my heart and on my mind for a very long time. I am transitioning in my career and life and had not been able to pinpoint the exact issues to be resolved or the directions I needed to take to move forward. Shiloh gave me relevant “homework” to help guide me towards finding answers. She listened with her heart and heard between the words what was in my heart. I felt empowered, challenged, and supported and I look forward to working with her more to unravel the steps leading to the next evolution of me.
— Marie Howell
“Shiloh, you are a torch in the darkness”
Shiloh, you are a torch in the darkness, lighting the path; and the darkness of the in between where the magic lives, beyond the fear that rises when we become lost. You are the beginning and the end, the sword of truth, and the great mother’s loving embrace. I love you. Your friendship is a treasure and a gift.
— Shannon Thompson
“Working with her is joyful and powerful”
Shiloh is a goddess send. A severe tragedy entered my life. I was once very creative and never thought those divine doors would open for me again, then along came Shiloh McCloud; she is showing me the way back to the path as it unfolds day by day, I feel so blessed to have found her. Working with her is joyful and powerful on many levels. My life is turning around and so much of it has to do with her, She is great at bringing the focus back to what is truly important. Blessings.
— Maria Graham
“... when I heard your voice, I felt that I had come home”
I have studied with a lot of teachers over the years and when I heard your voice, I felt that I had come home. You spoke my language, you knew pain and heartache, joy and ecstasy. I knew it. I feel that you are truly a “sister” who has been through it, a sister who does not judge. “Ah... strength with compassion!
— D., the UK
“... helping women connect and transform”
Your passion for helping women connect and transform to be their best, truest selves is one of your shining gifts benefiting us all.
— Lois Wong
“I am the artist that I am today because of your support”
Thank you, Shiloh, for all that you have taught me about painting, life, and so much more. I am the artist that I am today because of your support and wisdom. Without you, I never would have been able to paint this or live the lifestyle that I’m now living. You’re an angel!
— Susan Risse
“... opened up the access to my soul”
Painting has opened up the access to my soul, and all that has been trapped underground is now rising.
— Flora Aube
“it’s art like yours that helps keep my heart full of love”
The spirituality in your art shines like a beacon, offering strength and hope and everything else that seems to reassure women. As a 25-year-old female struggling to find myself and some meaning in a sometimes very critical world, it’s art like yours that helps keep my heart full of love... for myself and for others. Thank you for sharing your gift with the world. Small things with great love seem to have a beautiful ripple effect.
“... like a little infusion of courage”
Each event, workshop, or encounter with you and our Cosmic Cowgirls community is like a little infusion of courage that brings me one step farther along the road to authentically “knowing” who I am and being willing to share that with others. I read recently that we don’t really transform, but just become more of who we truly are.
— Elizabeth Gibbons
“Shiloh could ignite the creative spark in anyone”
Shiloh is a master at taking the ideas in your head and getting them onto paper so that they literally breathe life. Shiloh could ignite the creative spark in anyone — I’ve witnessed it myself as she has guided me and challenged me into creative expression that I always knew I had but didn’t have the road to get to. She creates beautiful form like no one I know and has the ability to inspire it right out of you too!
— Christine Arylo
Here’s What You’ll Receive
Seven 60-Minute Core Intentional Creativity Teaching Videos + Muse Salons With Shiloh Sophia
Experience a rare opportunity to learn from renowned visionary artist and teacher Shiloh Sophia — from the comfort of your own home. Each session includes a video teaching and guides you to discover specific skills and abilities to awaken your spiritual potential.
Fourteen PDF Transcripts of Core Intentional Creativity Teachings + Muse Salons
In addition to the high-quality videos and MP3 audios, you’ll also receive the entire class transcription in PDF format. You can then review, print, and highlight the most important insights and practices you were given.
Exercises and Questions in Each Core Intentional Creativity Teaching
Between modules, you’ll have the option of completing related exercises, practicing new tools, and answering questions to accelerate your learning and integrate each lesson.
The Critic & Muse Bonus Collection
- Messages From the Muse
Video Painting Class From Shiloh Sophia
- Colorful Scars
Video Class From Shiloh Sophia
- Creativity & Healing
Video Dialogue With Shiloh Sophia and Chief Luisa Teish
An Unprecedented Opportunity to Join The Dance of the Critic & the Muse Virtual Course
We feel honored that Shiloh Sophia has chosen to partner with The Shift Network to offer this exclusive virtual course. This is a rare opportunity to learn from a renowned visionary artist and leading whose powerful insights and pioneering work are helping us heal and awaken ourselves and our world.
Through this interactive online format, you’ll be receive Shiloh's incredible teachings, guided practices, and “tea times” from the comfort of your home — and at your own pace!
Claim your spot now!
The keys you have been looking for
are in the hands of your hidden self.
The riddle is, you have to know
where to find that self
and how to request the keys.
If it was that easy, you would have
already found your way in.
The locked doors, boarded-up windows and
cages without hinges that hold you tight
may litter the landscape
of your everyday experience
and clutter up the clarity
of your truest voice and vision.
That’s why seeking the keys
of the hidden self is essential soul work.
That is why you keep looking,
YOU KNOW THERE IS SOMETHING MORE
After all, you are mostly stardust,
surely that means you are meant to shine...
The adventure to discovering
your hidden self can be quite dangerous
to your default settings and comfort levels.
The critic stands at the gate, proclaiming:
“There is no way in, there are no keys to find,
You, my dear are wasting your time and your mind!”
The voice of your Muse seems oddly silent
in the cacophony of mixed messages.
You may find yourself saying
“Now where did that dream run off to?
How did I end up... here? Again?!
Is this what I came here for?
Many of us just trudge on,
seeking but not finding,
asking, but not really knowing the way.
Lost in a seemingly endless to-do list...
making the time to have tea with great mystery
is likely the last thing on your calendar.
Will you dare to join us?
Go right at the old oak tree,
past the fairy cottages, but don’t stop,
even if they promise cake!
Make a left at the corner
where it says: There be dragons..
That’s right, off the map, at first,
you may feel you are falling...
I will meet you there, and catch you up,
here in the space between worlds.
— Shiloh Sophia
Through this interactive online format, you’ll be receive Shiloh’s incredible teachings, guided practices, and “tea times” from the comfort of your home — and at your own pace!
Your Satisfaction Is 100% Guaranteed!
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! If you don’t absolutely LOVE The Dance of the Critic & the Muse with Shiloh Sophia — or don’t feel that it meets your needs — please contact our friendly Support Team on or before February 28, 2019 and we’ll happily issue you a refund.
More Praise for Shiloh Sophia...
“... immensely energizing, rewarding, and awakening”
Shiloh Sophia is a fiercely committed warrior of the spirit. She and her work are illuminated, inspired, and of the highest integrity. My work with Shiloh and the Cosmic Cowgirls has been immensely energizing, rewarding, and awakening.
— SARK (Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy), Author, artist, speaker, and teacher
“... will leave you on fire with love.”
Every time I am exposed to what Shiloh teaches, I discover a well of depth, creativity, and intimacy I didn’t know existed. The Divine Feminine mysteries that have been so suppressed for thousands of years burn steadfastly in her very DNA. To be in her presence, to awaken to the Muse, and to receive her love, knowledge, wisdom, and Shakti is no less than a priestess’ transmission that will leave you on fire with love.
— Lissa Rankin, MD, New York Times bestselling author of Mind Over Medicine
“She is a visionary genius”
A wild rebel, edge-walker, and poet with a paintbrush, artist Shiloh Sophia has built a movement of intentional creativity around the premise that women sourcing an image of the Divine Feminine within is some of the most radical work that can be done. She is a visionary genius. Her Intentional Creativity work, paintings, poetry, writings, and creative offerings inspire women to rise up and become who they’ve always wanted to be. If you long to feel seen and understood, look no further.
— Amy Ahlers, bestselling author of Big Fat Lies and co-author of Reform Your Inner Mean Girl
“... you will exit as a slightly different person”
Shiloh has fostered a community of Cosmic Cowgirls, women who are liberating themselves and others through their creative expression. An artist with a tremendous lineage, she is beyond committed to the power of intentional creativity to create social change, and generously shares her work to ensure it can reach those with trauma. Shiloh contributes beauty, inquiry, and the powerful invitation to pick up your brush and enter a portal that you will exit as a slightly different person, if you are willing to risk a little.
— Shannon Thompson, Shakti Rising
“Shiloh is a heart-centered visionary”
Shiloh is a heart-centered visionary, inspiring women to blaze their path through creative expression and passionate commitment to their dreams.
— Marc Allen, Founder of New World Library
About Shiloh Sophia
Shiloh Sophia lives life as a great adventure! She is a renaissance woman who communicates her philosophy through paintings, poetry, teachings, and entrepreneurship. For 25 years she has dedicated her soul work to the study and practice of creativity as a path of healing that provides access to consciousness. As a curator and gallery owner, she has represented her own work, as well as that of hundreds of women artists.
By the age of 40, she achieved incredible success through being in the top 10 percent of sales for contemporary artists in the U.S. Her prolific intuitive painting process led to a desire to teach, and provided the foundation for her groundbreaking work on how Intentional Creativity® can give voice to the soul. Her method of “creating with mindfulness” has reached tens of thousands of students who have gained insight into the hidden self.
Her work is taught widely, at the university level in MA and PhD programs, the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women, and by over 250 certified Intentional Creativity teachers in over 13 countries worldwide. At the core of her work is a belief that the right to self-express is one of the most basic human rights. She states, “We have a right to know how to access what we think, feel, believe, and to express it in our lives.”
Her life path is a spiritual practice, and an offering that was awakened with the feminine Divine. Her research dives into the exploration of the right/left-brain connection with the heart and reinventing personal archetypes as gateways to liberation. ”When we find freedom from the trauma of our stories, we can invent our own legends, and do the sacred work of organizing our consciousness,” she says.
She is the creator of seven books, including Tea with the Midnight Muse, as well as a community leader guiding others to open to self-expression. Having been trained by her mother, Caron McCloud the poet, and Sue Hoya Sellars the artist, she brought her gifts of language and image into form through founding the Intentional Creativity® Guild, Cosmic Cowgirls® and Color of Woman® Teacher Training.
She lives in Carmel-by-the-Sea, and her school and museum, MUSEA, is located in Sonoma, California. Intentional Creativity provides education both in-house and online and all over the world. Her messages reach over 25,000 viewers a month with over thousands enrolled in classes every month. She can be found most days having tea with her Muse and her husband Jonathan, discussing quantum physics and celebrating revelations of the heart with her two kitties, Diego and Frida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What’s a virtual course?
A: It’s a great way to engage live and pre-recorded teachings and each other from the comfort of your home! All you need is a computer, mobile device, or telephone. If there’s more than one person in your household taking the course, you’ll each need your own connection. We use Zoom videoconferencing to make it just like an in-person event, where you can ask questions and deepen your exploration of the course themes.
There’s no additional charge for connecting to Zoom with your computer or mobile device. Please note that dialing Zoom from your telephone is a toll call; your telephone service provider will charge you according to your existing long-distance calling plan. International access numbers are available.
“I’ve never seen a course so well put together ever...”
I had never participated before in an online course. The packaging, presentation, inclusion, and Facebook postings created a wonderful, safe cocoon within which to participate. I’ve never seen a course so well put together ever — not in all the years of taking college classes — and I had my doubts about doing an online course. The wealth of organization and ease of learning materials and support made this fun as well.
— Claudia F., Medford, Massachusetts
Q: Can I get benefit from the course if I miss the live classes?
A: Absolutely! You can download the recordings and transcripts of all course sessions from our online media archive, so you never need to worry about missing live calls. You can also engage the full community and leaders on our private online community group.
Q: Can you tell me about the private online community group?
A: We’ll have a private online community group for all course participants on Facebook that will support you in making connections with others, sharing insights, engaging in discussions, and completing homework assignments that can supplement your transformational journey. You’ll have the ability to share your experiences, projects, and growth throughout the course.
Q: Are there scholarships available for this course?
A: Yes, we always make a certain percentage of spaces available for partial scholarships, giving preference to those in developing countries or doing important but underpaid work to which they can apply the course material immediately. If you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please review our guidelines, which include a link to our online application form.
Q: What’s your refund policy?
A: Your satisfaction with The Shift Network and this course is our highest priority! We offer a satisfaction guarantee so that you can sample the course risk-free. The deadline to receive a full refund is February 28, 2019. To request a refund, please click on this refund request form and submit your request. Your refund will be processed within five business days and we’ll send you an email confirming your refund. However, we’d love to have a chance to address and resolve your concerns first. If there’s something we can assist you with, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help! (No refund requests accepted after the above date or with scholarship awards.)
Q: How can I reach Customer Support?
A: Please visit our Customer Support Center, where you should be able to find the answer to your question or the solution to your problem. And if you can’t, you can submit an online request form and we’ll get right back to you.