It's Time for Light: Brighten the Future of Gaza's Children
Based on a peace campaign that began 26 years ago with a candle in the window, Rebuilding Alliance is launching the “It’s Time for Light” campaign #Itstimeforlight. We're inviting everyone to put a solar (or other) light in the window every Wednesday evening. We start with a specific focus on brightening the future of Gaza’s families, including sending solar lights to Gaza — and we hope to use #Itstimeforlight to ease tensions and help families in other parts of world in the future.
The electricity crisis in Gaza has worsened, leaving families with only some two hours of electricity each day, some days with no electricity. Due to the generosity of donors and multiple matching grants (our project won the GlobalGiving Renewable Energy Match!), Rebuilding Alliance is sending 23,040 solar lights to children and families in Gaza during this critical time of need. Our pre-cleared shipments will arrive in Gaza by the end of the summer. These shipments will be distributed by four Palestinian Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in Gaza as soon as possible and just before school starts.
Here is the “It’s Time for Light” campaign in a nutshell:
- DONATE $40 (for groups) or $50 to send two inflatable Nur Al Amal (Light of Hope) solar lanterns to Gaza's families and receive one for your window (click here to donate)
- SHINE your light in your window on Wednesday nights and on Thursday, September 21, International Peace Day
- SNAP a picture of your family with your light in the window and SHARE on Instagram/Facebook / @rebuildingalliance / #itstimeforlight / #NurAlAmal
- FOLLOW Rebuilding Alliance on social media
- ADVOCATE for sustainable peace
We will soon launch “It's Time for Light” on our mobile app, Evincible, which allows you to contact Congress to make a difference. Our tech team is adding a photo-sharing feature so that we can include photo-sharing from Gaza and throughout the world as families share their light.
Visit the “It’s Time for Light” Facebook page by clicking here.
For more information, please contact Penni by calling (650) 651-7165 or emailing Penni@rebuildingalliance.org.