The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company. We cover areas from spiritual growth to enlightened business to holistic health. We have featured more than 800 of today’s leading pioneers in our first three years while launching nearly 100 paid courses and trainings.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Our current openings include:
MARKETING COPYWRITER, DIRECT RESPONSE
The Shift Network is seeking a Marketing Copywriter for Online Personal Development Courses to participate as an integral team player in writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email and websites. We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence, and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside executives and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts to collaborate on creative projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
The majority of this position’s focus will be on our online course sales pages, email campaigns, and copy for websites. This position must demonstrate skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaign copy that supports the growth of individuals and society as a whole.
This position is a part-time employee position, approximately 5-10 hours per week to start, with the potential for more. There is expectation of office attendance in the Petaluma area.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A deep interest in, and understanding of, the personal development market
- A love of collaborating in a positive, creative manner
- A sincere desire to have a massive positive impact on others and the world
- Direct response copy experience
This position will be working with some of the top teachers of personal and societal transformation to translate and communicate their concepts to the marketplace. To do so effectively, it is ideal to have been on an extensive transformational, personal spiritual/psychological journey to fully understand and synthesize the material.
This is a fast paced, high-energy environment, with highly conscious colleagues who communicate clearly. We prefer someone with direct response, online marketing copywriting experience. Ideally, this person must love learning about emerging marketing techniques and follow the latest online marketing trends and best practices, especially in the personal development world.
- Copywriting for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles including online sales pages, emails and ancillary/promotional web pages
- Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, products, and events
- Apply best practices across company communications that are actionable and drive response to meet business goals
- Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
- Develop effective relationships with internal clients and demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment
Seeking Talent Encompassing:
- 2-4 years copywriting experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills; Desire to work in an iterative manner, while both giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills to synthesize creative-brief direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging
- Excellent writing/editing skills: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it "scannable." You know how to find and pull the emotional "triggers," but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide
- Strong results-driven project management skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously on deadline
- Ability to write in multiple "voices": You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is critical. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials — writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
- Willingness to innovate and implement in a split-test environment
- Avid interest in the personal development market and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred; personal growth arena for best fit
- Prefer North Bay candidates willing to work at our Petaluma offices 1X/week or as needed for in-person meetings/brainstorms and immersing yourself in the company culture
- Primarily virtual position, with office attendance expectation – ideal is 1 day/week (Petaluma)
- Beautiful place to work
- Bring your talents to a business community of people who get meaning and purpose from the work they do
- Part-time employee position, with opportunity to grow to full-time
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity of a life-time, working alongside like-minded and hearted professionals
If you are inspired and passionate about writing for our market, and possess the qualities and qualifications listed above, please submit a cover letter and your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email, type: Marketing Copywriter
Are you someone who is crazy organized and loves to multi-task, plan and execute? Do you have what it takes to stay on task, clearly communicate, and manage the myriad of details to ensure the smooth and successful production of The Shift Network’s Courses? Are you passionate about our learning from our teachers, and having access to our courses? If so, we have an exceptional opportunity for you, as a Course Host.
The Course Host provides oversight for delivery of one or more introductory and advanced Courses that are offered by The Shift Network in collaboration with faculty partners. Primary duties include:
- Hosting online courses
- Driving conference software interface
- Communicating with customers via software interface
- Interfacing with faculty and customers
- Supporting other internal TSN departments (marketing, customer service, operations)
This position reports to and supports the Course Manager and Course Production Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of online content both through live calls and hosted materials. The Course Host facilitates course communication for online courses, managing the needs of customers and faculty to ensure a powerful course experience. The position keeps an eye to quality control and makes suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Member of Course Production and Delivery Team
- Participates in weekly full-delivery team meetings
- Connects weekly with the Course Manager and Course Production Manager and other delivery team members to review course needs
- Ensures course delivery runs smoothly
Direct Course Management
- Primary contact for faculty during course
- Sends call-in information to primary and guest faculty
- Addresses all faculty requests
- Collaborates with Course Manager to deliver all aspects of designated courses including assistance with e-mail communications for the course and may include:
- Course detail emails
- Course homework emails
- Course bonus reminders
- Course completion emails
- Monitors and manages activities in the Course Community Group
- Host/drive calls as needed for courses that he/she is managing and otherwise
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-3 years project management or administrative experience
- Values-aligned to mission of company
- Competence with technology platforms and internet ability, preferably with experience in MaestroConference and/or InstantTeleseminar, and InfusionSoft, or similar
- Knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
- Ability to interface with leading faculty and colleagues in a highly professional manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to multi-task and change directions at a moment’s notice
- Excellent organizational, time, strategic, management, writing and communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Prefer experience in driving calls / hosting events in a virtual, online environment
- Must have reliable home office equipment including high-speed internet connection, landline with 3-way calling, and quiet environment to host public MaestroConference calls
- Schedule availability on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays typically between 4:30-7:30pm Pacific, for potentially managing 1-3 course delivery calls per week
- 1-2 years remote office experience, preferred
Please Note: Schedule Availability is critical in this position and includes Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays between the hours of 4:30-7:30pm Pacific. Additional training time is required to learn software systems and protocols. Training hours may also require days and eves, and an extended commitment of approximately 6-10 per week during training.
- Part-time to start, 5 hours/week/course, with potential growth to full-time (occasional weekends possible)
- Competitive pay
- Virtual position
- Opportunity to participate in leading-edge business and co-creating with a team of unique, highly productive, and creative individuals
To Learn More About You and To Apply:
If you are excited about this opportunity and company mission, possess the abilities, qualities and qualifications listed above, please send your resume and cover letter outlining reasons you feel you are best suited to this position, to email@example.com In the subject line of the email, please type: Course Host
The Shift Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,