The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Copywriter, Independent Contractor
The Shift Network is seeking a Marketing Copywriter for Online Personal Development Courses and Summits, to participate as an integral team player in writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email and websites. We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence, and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside our management team and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts with whom you will collaborate on creative projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
The majority of this position’s focus will be on our online course sales pages, email campaigns, and copy for websites. This position must demonstrate skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaign copy that supports the growth of individuals and society as a whole.
This position is an Independent Contractor position and will likely require up to 15-20 hours per week, negotiated on a hourly basis, or per campaign or project basis.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A deep interest in, and understanding of, the personal development market
• A love of collaborating in a positive, creative manner
• A sincere desire to have a massive positive impact on others and the world
This position will be working with some of the top teachers of personal and societal transformation to translate and communicate their concepts to the marketplace. To do effectively, it is ideal to have been on an extensive transformational, personal spiritual/psychological journey to fully understand and synthesize the material.
This is a fast paced, high-energy environment, with highly conscious colleagues who communicate clearly. We prefer someone with direct response, online marketing copywriting experience, especially in the personal development world.
• Copywriting for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles including online sales pages for courses and summits, emails and ancillary/promotional web pages
• Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, summits, products, and events
• Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
Seeking Talent Encompassing:
• 2-4 years copywriting experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills; Desire to work in an iterative manner, while both giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism
• Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills to synthesize creative-brief direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging
• Excellent writing/editing skills: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it "scannable." You know how to find and pull the emotional "triggers," but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide
• Strong results-driven project management skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously on deadline
• Ability to write in multiple "voices": You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is critical. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials — writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
• Avid interest in the personal development market and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
If you are inspired and passionate about writing for our market, and possess the qualities and qualifications listed above, please click the button below or submit your resume and writing portfolio matched to or similar to our market to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email, type: Marketing Copywriter, Contractor