The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company. We cover areas from spiritual growth to enlightened business to holistic health. We have featured more than 1300 of today’s leading pioneers in our first five years while launching nearly 250 paid courses and trainings.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Our current openings include:
Customer Support Specialist
At The Shift Network, we are dedicated to ensuring that our customers have a better than expected, superlative journey while participating in our transformational programs and courses. Our Customer Support Specialist works cooperatively within our team, and coordinates with other departments as needed, to enhance and improve the overall participant experience. This includes responding to support requests in a timely and knowledgeable fashion, while representing The Shift Network and its faculty in a genuine, professional, caring and courteous manner.
This is a fun team that works well together! We function as a tight-knit group to rapidly troubleshoot problems as they arise and to stay on top of relevant issues so as to anticipate the needs of our customers. This isn’t just a “job” to us. We truly care about our community members, and we are here to support them in their unfolding!
As we are a global, online educational platform, it goes without saying that the Customer Support Specialist must be highly comfortable with technology. But we’re also looking for that unique and special person who is genuinely warm, gracious and communicative.
The nuts and bolts of the position involve responding to customer emails and phone calls, so it requires being comfortable and skillful with both verbal and written communication. While on the phone with participants, our Customer Support Specialist must be able to work rapidly, navigating multiple web platforms simultaneously while remaining gracious, warm and professional at all times, often while under pressure.
The Shift Network is a wonderful company to be employed by for those individuals who are aligned with our overall vision and mission, who appreciate our unique offerings and faculty, and who desire to be a part of a team that is dedicated to bringing about positive changes in the world and in humankind. We have an extremely low turnover rate, an excellent employee benefit program, and are looking for individuals interested in long-term career opportunities. Our headquarters are located in Petaluma, California; however, we are accepting resumes from applicants in all areas of California and Oregon. For those in the North Bay area, you’ll have the opportunity to work from our offices two days per week and participate in local staff get togethers and activities. Whether local or not, all applicants need to have fully functioning, secure home offices with reliable high-speed internet and updated equipment.
This is a full-time, Monday through Friday, salaried position, with a somewhat flexible schedule.
Daily Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Routinely handles phone and email support requests in a professional, friendly, accurate and efficient manner
- Supports course and program sales and registrations by taking telephone orders or responding to requests for assistance with purchases
- Troubleshoots technical issues with regards to customer participation in online courses on both PC and Mac, tablets and mobile phone devices, and a variety of operating systems and browsers
- Reports issues to The Shift Network Team so as to resolve challenges that arise and thus provide an improved experience for our customers
- Seeks to always improve the customer experience in every interaction and takes proactive measures to prevent support issues from occurring whenever possible
- Maintains an unflappable, helpful, calm and friendly point of view in all dealings with customers, while listening, understanding and resolving any issues.
- Exemplifies the values, aim, vision and mission of The Shift Network in all dealings with customers, clients, community members and faculty – walks the talk!
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Aligned with The Shift Network's vision/mission and familiar with the transformational online educational industry and model
- Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network produces
- Excellent people skills, professionalism, patience, sense of humor, warmth, friendliness and compassion are vital
- High degree of written and spoken communication skills with attention to detail, good grammar, works rapidly and accurately
- Capable of working on a computer with a headset on for hours at a stretch, answering support emails and phone calls
- Fully competent with technology and social media, especially Facebook
- Able to navigate numerous Internet platforms simultaneously while communicating with customers in time-sensitive situations to rapidly resolve issues regardless of what the customer’s level of competency is with technology
- Maintain high level of security and confidentiality at all times
- Experience with Gmail, Google Drive, Docs and Forms required
- Experience with Zendesk, Maestro Conference, Instantteleseminar, Skype, Zoom, Infusionsoft, Maropost and other eCommerce and CRM platforms strongly preferred
- Established, fully functional remote/home office with high-speed Internet service, updated equipment, able to participate in video meetings, screen sharing, etc
- Flexibility in work hours/days, with a heavier emphasis on Mon.-Thurs. and fewer hours typically on Fridays
- Interest in a long-term career at The Shift Network
Why Join Us?
- Be an integral part of an organization dedicated to peace building and creating positive change in the world
- Opportunity to participate in a leading-edge business, co-creating with a team of unique, highly productive, conscious and creative individuals
- Build a full-time career with competitive salary, comprehensive employee benefits (including health and dental, maternity/paternity leave pay, 401K with matching contributions, technology allowances, and generous PTO)
- Work virtually from your home office (if local, some office attendance required)
- Enjoy complimentary access to any of our courses and offerings
To Learn More and Apply for the Position:
If you are excited about this opportunity and company mission, possess the abilities, qualities and qualifications listed above, please send your resume and cover letter outlining reasons you feel you are best suited to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of the email, please type: Customer Support Specialist.
Graphic Designer - Contract Opportunity
Our Marketing Team is filled with passionate, talented individuals dedicated to making a positive difference in people's lives. Does your heart speak the same language? If so, read on...
We are a team fully dedicated to ensuring that our customers have a better than expected, superlative journey while participating in our transformational programs and courses. As the Graphic Designer, you will contribute to making this experience happen!
Highlights of what you will do:
● Create sales pages for courses, intro calls/videos and summits
● Create social media ads to match sales pages
● Create visual identities for pages including type treatment and banner image
● Produce full page layouts, proofs and revisions
● Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts matching voice
Talent we are seeking:
● 1-3 years web/graphic design experience with a minimum of 1 year demonstrated success in direct to consumer creative/marketing campaigns
● Fluency in current graphic design practices and web production software
● Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet
● Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Flash and After Effects, Illustrator
● Prefer video motion graphics (After Effects, Motion)
● Prefer SF Bay area
Please submit your resume, and links to work samples showing design, particularly matched to transformative teaching and our market. Check out our offerings for more details: http://m.theshiftnetwork.com/courses
The Shift Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,