The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company. We cover areas from spiritual growth to enlightened business to holistic health. We have featured more than 1300 of today’s leading pioneers in our first five years while launching nearly 250 paid courses and trainings.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Our current openings include:
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
At The Shift Network, we are dedicated to ensuring that our customers have a better than expected, high-quality experience while participating in our many programs and courses. Our Customer Support Specialist works cooperatively within the department, and coordinates with other departments as needed, to enhance and improve the overall customer experience. This includes responding to support requests in a timely and knowledgeable fashion, while representing The Shift Network and its faculty in a genuine, professional and courteous manner.
This is a fun team that works hard! The Customer Support Specialist must possess a broad knowledge base, be highly familiar and aligned with our unique courses and programs, have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot problems as they arise, and stay continuously up-to-date on relevant issues to be able to anticipate the support needs of our participants.
We care about our community! While answering support and registration phone calls, the Customer Support Specialist must work skillfully and rapidly while often under a high degree of pressure. You will be researching a myriad of details, navigating multiple web platforms simultaneously, while remaining gracious, warm and friendly at all times. The Customer Support Specialist is a unique individual who is highly comfortable with technology and also a genuine people person.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week to start, with a strong probability of expanding to 30-40 hours within a few months. The position requires some evening hours (5-7pm Pacific), a flexible schedule Mon.-Fri., and possibly occasional weekend coverage.
Some of the daily tasks include:
- Routinely handles customer phone and email support requests in a professional, friendly, accurate and efficient manner
- Supports course and program sales and registrations by taking telephone orders or responding to email requests for assistance with purchases
- Troubleshoots technical issues with regards to customer participation in online courses and programs on both PC and Mac, as well as on various tablets and mobile phone devices, and on all major browsers
- Reports support issues to The Shift Network Team so as to resolve challenges that arise and thus provide an improved experience for our customers
- Seeks always to improve the customer experience in every interaction and takes proactive measures to prevent support issues from occurring whenever possible
- Maintains an unflappable, helpful, calm and friendly point of view in all dealings with customers, while listening, understanding and resolving any issues
- Exemplifies the values, aim, vision and mission of The Shift Network in all dealings with customers, clients, community members and faculty – walks the talk!
- Must be aligned with The Shift Network's vision/mission and be familiar with transformational online educational format
- Comprehensive understanding and familiarity with the programs and events that The Shift Network offers
- Excellent people skills, professionalism, patience, sense of humor, warmth, friendliness and compassion are vital
- High degree of written and spoken communication skills with attention to detail, good grammar, both fast and accurate
- Capable of working on a computer with a headset on for hours at a stretch, answering support emails and phone calls
- Fully competent with technology, platforms and software systems, and social media, especially Facebook
- Able to navigate numerous Internet platforms simultaneously while communicating with customers in time-sensitive situations to rapidly resolve issues, regardless of what the customer's level of competency is with technology
- Must maintain high level of security and confidentiality with customer relations
- Prior experience with Gmail, Google Docs, Google Forms, Zendesk, Maestro Conference, Instantteleseminar, Skype, Zoom, Infusionsoft and other e-Commerce platforms strongly preferred
- Established, fully functional remote/home office with high-speed Internet service, updated equipment, set up for video meetings, screen sharing, etc
- Flexibility – must be able to flow with the demands and challenges of a growing start-up company with a large vision, and be comfortable with rapidly changing technology, and be somewhat flexible with work hours
- Must be interested in a long-term position with an amazing potential for growth
- You must be a resident of CA or OR to be considered
Why Join Us?
- Part-time to start, 20 hours/week, with probability for full time within a few months
- Competitive pay
- Primarily virtual position (if local applicant, some office attendance required)
- Opportunity to participate in leading-edge business, co-creating with a team of unique, highly productive, creative and fun individuals
- Free access to courses for employees!
To Learn More About You and To Apply:
If you are excited about this opportunity and company mission, possess the abilities, qualities and qualifications listed above, please send your resume and cover letter outlining reasons you feel you are best suited to this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email, please type: Customer Support Specialist
JR. MARKETER AND COPYWRITER FOR SUMMITS
If you have a love for writing, a heart for humanity and a mind for marketing, then this might be the opportunity for you!
We're looking for an energetic detail-oriented copywriter to join our cutting edge Summits Team -- someone to inspire the masses. Our ideal team member will be well suited to hold center at the crossroads of sales and marketing, generating content for sales pages, email correspondence, social media, advertising -- anywhere we are igniting global conversations in support of awakening inspired action through our life-changing programming.
As the Jr. Marketer and Copywriter for Summits, you will be expected to handle details in support of successful marketing campaigns, including content creation and metrics tracking. In this function you will have knowledge of marketing best practices, be experienced in measuring effectiveness of marketing campaigns, and orchestrate many moving parts.
You will “know how it works,” take direction, and make it happen!
Here's a peek into some of the position responsibilities:
- Copywriter for specific topics/genres delivered through online conference format
- Awareness of the process that leads to creating sales conversions and skillfully infusing company brand voice
- Collaborate with internal team to execute effective marketing campaigns
- Incorporate company communications best practices
- Track and analyze statistics and metrics
- Maintain schedules, databases and communications accurately and up-to-date
- Assist with managing the delivery of multiple marketing projects, effectively, efficiently and on time
- Track and communicate with affiliates about campaign progress
We would love to see these skills and expertise:
• 2 years experience in a digital marketing department
• Strong copywriting track record
• Exceptional listening and verbal skills to synthesize creative direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging that converts
• Excellent editing and grammar skills; very detail-oriented
• Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious) as well as a strategic capacity -- "asks why?"
• Highly administrative and responsive to many requests; working effectively with cross-functional teams and/or stakeholders, managing multiple priorities and deadlines, and able to re-prioritize at a moment’s notice
• Self starter with strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Internet savvy
• Comfort in Social Media and SEO including platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+
• Ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, brand voice
• Excellent organizational, project and time management skills with keen attention to detail
• Proficient in Google Docs
• Focused creativity with the objective of problem solving
• Prefer extensive knowledge of transformational content, including leading teachers, schools of thought, and market trends
• Ability to interface with leading faculty and colleagues in a highly professional manner
• High energy, high sense of urgency, fast-paced -- can think and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Reliable home office equipment and experience to work remotely
• Must be resident of San Francisco Bay Area for office attendance expectation
Setting the Bar:
• Position reports to Director of Summits and works closely with and in support of the Sr. Marketing Manager for Summits
• Position requires 2 days per week office attendance in Petaluma at an amazingly beautiful location
• Full –time position
• Competitive Pay
• Paid Time Off
• Opportunity of a lifetime, working alongside highly productive like-minded professionals
If you feel inspired and passionate about the opportunity, and possess the qualities and qualifications outlined above, please submit:
- Your cover letter including why you are best suited to this position
- Two writing samples
- Your resume
Send to: email@example.com In the subject line of the email type: Jr. Marketer and Copywriter for Summits
The Shift Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,