The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company with a big mission: To help humanity evolve and create a sustainable, healthy, peaceful and prosperous world.
We cover areas from spiritual growth to holistic health to plant wisdom and have featured more than 2000 of today’s leading luminaries and expert teachers while launching nearly 500 paid courses and trainings and reaching over 1.5 Million people.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Our current openings include:
Vice President of Marketing
We are seeking a unique and talented individual with a depth of understanding in the transformational field as our Vice President of Marketing.
Are you this person?
A Strategic Leader modeling best practices and setting expectations for a marketing team?
A Rockstar that really crafts the voice and grows the brand? Someone who shines in setting the marketing compass and direction that will touch and change the lives of thousands, all around the world, every week?
Second Nature to you is understanding and making decisions based on data, being abreast of latest practices, technologies and strategies, and is a driving force to grow the company while modeling empowering leadership?
An Excellent Communicator and Motivator for our internal team, customers, affiliates, and ever growing customer base?
A Visionary in your own right taking this team and this business to the next level?
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
Strong leadership skills leading all aspects of our strategic marketing efforts to meet company targets for growth and profitability while anchored in the company mission, including:
- Business development and financial management
- Analytics and testing
- Lead generation
- Managing marketing employees, contractors and functions
Motivation to deliver excellence for our audience experience through our marketing channels related to Programs, Events and overall brand awareness, including management of:
- Email Campaigns
- Sales pages
- Advertising and Social campaigns
- Copywriting oversight with keen focus on voice, tone and final edits
- A strong understanding of our community and interactions that are true and caring while still running a business
An exceptional understanding and grasp of:
- Current marketing tools, trends and strategies
- Social media metrics and advertising
- Leading integrated marketing campaigns from concept to execution
Alignment with The Shift Network’s vision of accelerating the shift to a peaceful, sustainable, healthy, and prosperous world, and have a commitment to the work of personal and collective transformation.
A Brief Position Overview:
- Identify opportunities to optimize results through market research, tracking trends and customer surveys and implement creative growth strategies
- Develop and oversee ongoing initiatives to increase conversions and retention
- Oversee the planning, coordination and execution of marketing campaigns that are consistent with the organization’s brand, style, and USP and attract and appeal to the organization’s customer avatars
- Develop and implement cohesive marketing plans to increase brand awareness and affinity
- Participate in the strategic planning of the company’s objectives and setting of short and long term goals
- Provide leadership in the development of joint ventures, affiliations and partnership arrangements
- In concert with Executive Staff, plan and manage internal communications and awareness of corporate direction, mission, aims and activities
We Are Seeking Talent Encompassing:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or equivalent years of business experience
- 5+ years Marketing experience, with Expertise in Direct Response, Digital Marketing, B2C, with a preference for online, e-learning environment, with demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful online, digital marketing campaigns
- 5+ years leadership and project management experience in a small to mid-level start-up environment
- 5+ years experience managing 3-4+ direct reports and independent contractors
- Proven experience in optimization of email marketing strategy/sales funnel and increasing conversions with email campaigns and web pages
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences, speaking to avatars, communicating USPs and devising digital campaigns that convert and retain
- Data driven with an excellent understanding of using analytics and KPIs to evaluate and adjust marketing strategy and tactics
- Solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook advertising and familiar with SEO, conference platforms such as MaestroConference, LiveStream, and Zoom, and email/CRM systems like InfusionSoft, Maropost or other similar types, and managing like teams
What You Can Expect:
- Combination office/virtual position, 2 days per week in the Petaluma office. 9-6 Mon.-Thurs., Fridays reserved for emergent tasks.
- Beautiful office space for office workdays
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including health, dental, vision and rich PTO
- Access to online courses
- Applying your talents to a business community of people who get meaning and purpose from the work they do
- Priceless experience of working alongside like-minded and like-hearted professionals
- Opportunity to take part in Shift’s work abroad program and live and work in another country for a month each year
If you are inspired and passionate about joining our team, and possess the qualities and qualifications listed, please click the button below and submit a cover letter and your resume.
Thank you for your time devoted in consideration of this opportunity!
Copywriter, Independent Contractor
The Shift Network is seeking a Marketing Copywriter for Online Personal Development Courses and Summits, to participate as an integral team player in writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email and websites. We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence, and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside our management team and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts with whom you will collaborate on creative projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
The majority of this position’s focus will be on our online course sales pages, email campaigns, and copy for websites. This position must demonstrate skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaign copy that supports the growth of individuals and society as a whole.
This position is an Independent Contractor position and will likely require up to 15-20 hours per week, negotiated on a hourly basis, or per campaign or project basis.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• A deep interest in, and understanding of, the personal development market
• A love of collaborating in a positive, creative manner
• A sincere desire to have a massive positive impact on others and the world
This position will be working with some of the top teachers of personal and societal transformation to translate and communicate their concepts to the marketplace. To do effectively, it is ideal to have been on an extensive transformational, personal spiritual/psychological journey to fully understand and synthesize the material.
This is a fast paced, high-energy environment, with highly conscious colleagues who communicate clearly. We prefer someone with direct response, online marketing copywriting experience, especially in the personal development world.
• Copywriting for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles including online sales pages for courses and summits, emails and ancillary/promotional web pages
• Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, summits, products, and events
• Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
Seeking Talent Encompassing:
• 2-4 years copywriting experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills; Desire to work in an iterative manner, while both giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism
• Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills to synthesize creative-brief direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging
• Excellent writing/editing skills: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it "scannable." You know how to find and pull the emotional "triggers," but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide
• Strong results-driven project management skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously on deadline
• Ability to write in multiple "voices": You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is critical. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials — writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
• Avid interest in the personal development market and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
If you are inspired and passionate about writing for our market, and possess the qualities and qualifications listed above, please click the button below or submit your resume and writing portfolio matched to or similar to our market to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email, type: Marketing Copywriter, Contractor
The Shift Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,