The Shift Network is a global, Internet-based transformational education company. We cover areas from spiritual growth to enlightened business to holistic health. We have featured more than 800 of today’s leading pioneers in our first three years while launching nearly 100 paid courses and trainings.
The Shift Network puts a strong emphasis on putting positive change work into practice, creating a healthy and supportive culture that truly makes a difference. We’re thus looking for people who are motivated by a mission of changing the world and spreading a more enlightened way of being, and who are committed to do so with excellence and authenticity.
Our current openings include:
MARKETING COPYWRITER, DIRECT RESPONSE
The Shift Network is seeking a Marketing Copywriter for Online Personal Development Courses to participate as an integral team player in writing powerful, effective copy for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles, including email and websites. We are looking for someone with a depth of experience in the new consciousness field and ability to write about it from a place of sincerity, intelligence, and heart!
The Marketing Copywriter will work closely alongside executives and highly experienced Internet marketers and branding experts to collaborate on creative projects aimed at helping people to make real and meaningful change in their lives and in the world.
The majority of this position’s focus will be on our online course sales pages, email campaigns, and copy for websites. This position must demonstrate skill in crafting comprehensive direct-response campaign copy that supports the growth of individuals and society as a whole.
This position is a part-time employee position, approximately 20 hours per week to start, with the potential for more. There is expectation of office attendance in the Petaluma area.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A deep interest in, and understanding of, the personal development market
- A love of collaborating in a positive, creative manner
- A sincere desire to have a massive positive impact on others and the world
- Direct response copy experience
This position will be working with some of the top teachers of personal and societal transformation to translate and communicate their concepts to the marketplace. To do so effectively, it is ideal to have been on an extensive transformational, personal spiritual/psychological journey to fully understand and synthesize the material.
This is a fast paced, high-energy environment, with highly conscious colleagues who communicate clearly. We prefer someone with direct response, online marketing copywriting experience. Ideally, this person must love learning about emerging marketing techniques and follow the latest online marketing trends and best practices, especially in the personal development world.
- Copywriting for marketing programs across multiple brand platforms and communication vehicles including online sales pages, emails and ancillary/promotional web pages
- Collaborate with internal team to craft effective marketing campaigns for wide range of online courses, products, and events
- Apply best practices across company communications that are actionable and drive response to meet business goals
- Skillfully infuse company brand tone and positioning in copy across all media
- Develop effective relationships with internal clients and demonstrate strong ability to work in a team environment
Seeking Talent Encompassing:
- 2-4 years copywriting experience with demonstrable skill in brand translation
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills; Desire to work in an iterative manner, while both giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism
- Exceptional listening and verbal communication skills to synthesize creative-brief direction and distill into on-target, inspirational messaging
- Excellent writing/editing skills: You can tell a story, know how to write long copy and make it "scannable." You know how to find and pull the emotional "triggers," but are conscious of when you cross the line into manipulation. Familiarity with AP Style Guide
- Strong results-driven project management skills, well-organized, detail-oriented, with the ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously on deadline
- Ability to write in multiple "voices": You will need to write copy for speakers and hosts, so an ability to emulate their voice is critical. You are able to write emails with a tone that sounds like a note from a friend, and then switch over to dense course materials — writing for concentrated periods of time on complex, often spiritual/philosophical, subjects
- Willingness to innovate and implement in a split-test environment
- Avid interest in the personal development market and understanding of the needs and desires of the market
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred; personal growth arena for best fit
- Prefer North Bay candidates willing to work at our Petaluma offices 1X/week or as needed for in-person meetings/brainstorms and immersing yourself in the company culture
- Primarily virtual position, with office attendance expectation – ideal is 1 day/week (Petaluma)
- Beautiful place to work
- Bring your talents to a business community of people who get meaning and purpose from the work they do
- Part-time employee position, 20 hours to start, with opportunity to grow to full-time
- Competitive pay
- Opportunity of a life-time, working alongside like-minded and hearted professionals
If you are inspired and passionate about writing for our market, and possess the qualities and qualifications listed above, please submit a cover letter and your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org In the subject line of the email, type: Marketing Copywriter
DIGITAL ADVERTISING ASSISTANT
- Are you a social media engagement expert?
- Do you love spending time in Facebook, YouTube, tweeting, texting and communicating through technology?
- Are you eager to learn the world of social media advertising to add to your toolbox?
- And most important, do you have a deeper connection to wanting to create a better world?
The Shift Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In gratitude for your desire to join The Shift Network team,